Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week 67 - Conversations with Whitney!!

November 12, 2014

Conversations with Whitney...


Whitney didn't have time to write a letter this week because we kept her chatting with us. These are some conversations between Whitney and us...

Whitters: Hey, mom. Sorry I'm writing so late. We had a zone activity and we just got back to our sectors. I am fine. I am really tired. I'll let you know more maybe in the letter if I can keep my fingers functioning that long.

Mamasita: Hi Sweetie!!!!! ‪How come you're so tired? Was it the zone activity that wore you out?‬

Whitters: We hiked a mountain. We entered into the Cordillera, the mountains that are at the beginning of the Andes mountains. We saw a waterfall and took lots of pictures that I will hopefully have time to send if the thing lets me load them. It was exhausting. But beautiful!

Conversation between Whitney and Josh...


Josh: Hi Whitney!
I got an iPod touch!happy Veterans Day! I hope you're having fun! I really want you to be safe. I miss you so very very very much. I hope you are serving the Chileans well. I hope they are learning about the gospel.Ashley got the iPhone 6!I can't believe she is in college.
This stupid thing is on my iTouch is that I can barely get any games. I might sell it and get a Itouch 4.I hope you still love me cause I haven't been writing much to you. I have a note app on my iTouch andI couldn't send it for some reason. I am very sorry for that reason.this is what I want for Christmas. Lego sets, maybe an I touch five, maybe a new watch, and New PJs.I would like to bare my testimony that I know what you drew and is Christ can do anything and we should obey him and know that he does good things for us and I think we should pray often and I Say these things  in the name of Jesus Christ amen. 

                        Love,
                            Josh

Whitters: Josh I could never stop loving you, dude. I love you even if you hadn't written me my entire mision. Because I feel your love anyway, through the thousands of miles we have separating us. I hope you can get everything you want and that you also think of what you can give for christmas because that is more important and more fulfilling. I love you, sweetest!

Then Mom chimed in...


Mamasita: You're such a sweet and LOVING big sister to these little kids! They just adore you SO much! So do I!! Thank you for your precious example and service to those wonderful people in Chile.

Whitters: Thanks for making it possible. It has been hard, this new transition, but promise to make the most of it and suffer with joy my afflictions. I was feeling like giving up this week, but then i remembered the example I still have to finish being for these little kids.

Mamasita: All I can say is that I am SO grateful for email! What a blessing that I can connect with you every week and feel of your love! I LOVE YOU to the very depths of my soul! And I miss you like CRAZY! Every week as I say goodbye I have to cry a few tears but I am so grateful you're serving and "suffering with joy in your afflictions". I am going to remember that statement so I can suffer more beautifully like you!! You truly are an inspiration to me Whitters!

I think I told you that Aunt Heidi and Uncle Tom have paid $150/month for this entire year. Aunt Deedee (Nana's sister) paid   $50/month for the entire mission and Brother and Sister Madsen paid $200/ month for the entire mission! What amazing people!! They made it possible! Isn't that incredible!? We will pay it forward to some sweet missionary in the future when we get back on our feet financially!

The Lord sure loves his children and wants them to come to Christ. He makes it all work out if we are faithful and do our part!

Whitters: Will you tell Heidi and Tom, Aunt Deedee, Brother and Sister Madsen and everybody else THANK YOU for everything? I will tell them after as well and be eternally grateful, but I want them to know I love and appreciate them now as well

Mamasita: Yes I will tell them! We love you! Have a fabulous sleep Whitters! Talk to ya next week!!
 Love Always and forever and not matter what!

Conversation between Whitney and Courtney...


Coco: Hey r u still there? ~Court

Whitters: That is a yes!

Coco: Oh good! Sorry I would have sent my letter but my phone is having issues, it won't send!! How r u?

Whitters: TIred. And sort of sad. I think I just need a good nap. heh. Yeah, I have to wait a few weeks for that. And a nice tuna sandwich with chocolate milk. Weird that I have the desire to eat that now. Probably because I just did some hard labor excursion climbing and am a bit trunky. Thinking of home

Coco: I'm sorry, on Sunday Nana told me what trunky means. Thats normal for a missionary to want to come home at the end of his/her mission!!! I just got back from school though. What time is it for you right now?

Whitters: I know it's normal, but I don't like it. I want to feel strong and not weak. But I know it's normal. I am just going to enjoy these weeks I have trying hard to be trunky and not dead. Which is worse. Trunky people still work meanwhile, the dead don't

Whitters: It is 7. We are a bit late but we are tired and haven't rested at all today. I have ten minutes to write still. Who am i talking with?

Coco: It's 3 here, and you are talking  to Courtney.. :) that's funny that ou didn't know who you were talking to.

Whitters: Because before I was talking to mom. How are you, my dearest love Cocobean? It is 3 there? There are four hours of difference between us? I thought there were only 2. Hermm.. But anyway how are you?

Coco: I'm good, I was talking to u the whole time... Haha;) when do you have to go to bed?

Whitters: You were talking? Heh, well. I have to go to bed at 1130. But we are going to work right now in the work of the Lord. We have a few people to teach the gospel to today and then we go home and plan, then we sleep. Agh, glorious sleep. I am very tired. How are you? School, friends, everything?

Coco: That's cool. School is fine, for my last period I have Mrs. Jolley!! She says I remind me of you. And friends are AMAZING!!!!! I have friend Tavyn and she is on my soccer team. And then my other friend Ciera. We hang out together (a lot) how is your comp.?

Whitters: Tell Mrs Jolley hello for me and that I thought about her specifically the other day while singing a certain hymn in a lesson. My comp is good. She is different than my previous comps and we get along well from the beginning. I love her. She reminds me of you because she laughs and smiles all the time. I dunno if you are still like that, but were when I left  B) Soccer is going great I am told. I hope that you keep enjoying it and that you are able to keep working hard to be the best. I have to go, my dearest amor. But I love you and send my love to everybody, all right? my love and hugs and kisses!
Whitney

Coco: Ok I will say hi for you!!! I LOVE YOU WHITNEY!! Have a great night!

Conversation between Whitney and Mom...


Mamasita: Is Michael taller than Ashley? Can you believe Michael finally passed Ashley up (probably you too Whit!) 

Whitters: NO WAY. It can't be! How did that happen? And Michael doesn't look like a little kid anymore. How did growing up happen?

Mamasita: I know right? Crazy how that happens and seems to happen REALLY fast, especially when you're away! And he IS looking so much more mature and sounding more mature. Sometimes when I call him and he answers the phone I get taken back and think I called Dad and look at the phone to confirm I called Michael because his voice is so low now! It's so fun!

Mamasita: Recognize this scarf? I'm wearing the scarf you gave me. Thank you!! I LOVE it! 

Whitters: I'm so glad you like it! It reminded me of you the moment I saw it. I love you so much, mom. I miss you. I had a hard week but was thinking of how much you love me and the love God has for me as well and that helped. I also thought of all the people I don't know if I might touch their lives that I may need to help here in the last few months left here. I hope you feel the same love I feel and send you every moment. YOu are so Beautiful!!! I love you, mommy.  --Whitneywoo

Another Conversation between Whitney and Mom...


Mamasita: I took a picture of it to prove that he did go back to Adam! Crazy cool beans Huh!!

Whitters: Who did?

Mamasita: Sorry it's in my letter :) Josh did family history with me one evening and he decided he was going to find his way back to Adam through our family line. He did! He got clear back to Adam and we had to take a picture to prove that we did. It was pretty incredible! I tried to go back later to find my way back there and I couldn't find which which directions he took to get there.

Whitters: Whay! That is incredible! I want him to teach me. you said cool beans heh!

Mamasita: Way cool beans! I like that statement! Yes we can do family history and temple work together when you get home! It's incredible!! 


Pix of Hermana Castleton...

Aguas de Ramón
There I am

We hiked to the Aguas de Ramón today. This is at the top. Maybe later I will send
more of the journey, but I don't have much time today because of that. 
There we are. I dunked my head in. Heh


In a ward activity to celebrate the birthday of the ward. cool beans


Cupcakes chileno style. They were a bit lame, but don't mention that

Elder Tecun de Guatemala disfrazado de ratón y Elder Guzmán de Nueva York de sí.

A youth in Portezuelo that is called Alejandro. He reminds me of my good friend Clayton Pettit

They made a little television. So we took pictures. Clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment