November 19, 2014
You are guaranteed to obtain (insert
attribute here) on your mision: A sense of humor. Bee stings. Cold showers. Dry
skin. Eternal life. Facebook friends. Great people skills. Happiness that
reaches your bones. Incredible speed walking skills. Jokes that don't make
sense the next day. Kryptonite (yours will be revealed). Language fine-tuning.
Muscle cramps. No fear. Obedience with exactness. Priorities set straight.
Quilts (not necesarily. I just don't have one for Q. Maybe you will receive
lots of quilts. Good luck putting them all in your luggage) Remorse (if you
don't give everything). Service that comes from the heart. Triumph over
spiritual ignorance. Useless slang words in another language that don't make
sense in your own native tongue that will make you laugh later on anyway. Very
many eternal blessings. Water cravings. Xylophone (guess). Yoke lightened
through the Atonement. Zero problema.
That is all. What the goodness, there
are many things to be obtained through misionary service. You don't realize the
truth of that until you are in the field, have been home or have had a family
member out there. But mostly until you serve one yourself. This week was rough.
I woke up with a bit of every sickness known to man on Thursday. And we all
know how I love sickness and staying inside. This time I decided to swallow my
sickness and to endure through the pain. I worked all day, all afternoon and
all night throughout this week without complaint and without showing weakness.
I unfortuneately do not have a voice because I didn't take time to heal it, but
I know that it will heal quickly. I felt bad for the people we taught because
they had to struggle to understand and hear my through my lack of voice and lack
of the major segment of the brain that stopped working. Luckily this is the
work of the Lord, therefore all the things were made possible through His
power. I am grateful for His hand in all things. Because I have further proof
that I couldn't do anything in this world without His angels. I have felt their
presence this week throughout the days I felt weak and without strength. They
have probably dragged and placed my feet one in front of the other a good part
of this week and are tired of watching over me, but I want to thank those of
you who have offered prayers fervently on my behalf. Because believe me they
have been felt.
I can't tell you of anybody progressing
because I am still coming to know this sector and struggling to remember names
and faces. But let me tell you that I am one of those people. I have felt and
seen my own progress this week. I have seen it in not getting angry at my comp
when she did or said something that wasn't true about me or treats me like a
child of 10 years, when I know how I would have reacted a few months back. I
have felt it in my love for this work, that despite my exhaustion, I feel the
desire to never quit. I feel the need to continue and keep smiling
through my pain and affliction. I don't miss home for anything. I am dreading
with all my heart to leave this place. I know I still have a bit of time left,
so I am not too worried, but I am very conscious of the time. I love this
gospel. I love the simplicity and truth of it. I love that it is happiness to
follow the commandments and to really come to know Christ. I love that families
are united for eternity through the power infinite of our loving Heavenly
Father. I love Chile despite its many flaws and sins. I love that we are here
to help it improve, wherever we are in the world. I love you. I hope you can
come to have a desire to serve the Lord through His children through the
letters I write. I hope you put my words to the test and experimemt for
yourselves if this is a living and breathing and growing Church with a full and
complete gospel. Test to see if God's promises are true. I dare you B)
Hermana Castleton
No comments:
Post a Comment