December 3, 2014
Sometimes we think we are in the worst
of situations with the worst of people at the worst time with the worst trial
of our life. We walk the streets complaining to God because of the things we
have to pass through and see the world through dirty windows. But if we clean
the windows, from inside and out, we will see that our situation isn't half
bad. That we have been wasting our time complaining when we could have been
giving thanks or asking for God to help a friend who is in greater need. That
happened to me this week. God swiped his finger across the dirt on my window so
I could get a glimpse of reality, which provoked me into cleaning the entire
surface. And my eyes were opened. I have come to see my companion, the members,
the sector, the people we teach, the dogs on the street with a celestial view.
My mortal, imperfect and partially blind human eyes impeded me from seeing the
way that God sees. But thanks to the gift of the Atonement, God gave me the
opportunity to see through His eyes. Really, I am now ashamed that it took me
as long as it did to realize how and where I needed to change. All right, I
wasn't going to tell you, but I will. My comp and I aren't having difficulties,
but we aren't the best of friends. This week has been a hard one because of the
lessons I have learned and for the time I have been stretched. Hermana Morales
is wonderful. She is cheerful, happy and loves what she is doing. As do I, but
to those of you who know me, I am all those things, in my own way. I also have
a hard time when somebody commands me or tells me how to do something I already
know. And I have been exercizing all my strength to bite my lip, to swallow my
pride and to grin and bear it with pacience. But such a thing is very
difficult, in fact, it is an uphill advance with 50 pounds of weight on each
limb, when it is a constant happening. Basically, mejor dicho, she bosses me
around. I know how to do things generally, as I should because I have a bit of
time in the field, and she sometimes doesn't realize that. She actually hardly
does. But that is why I love her. I see her as a witness and testimony and
proof of the power of the Atonement. Even when she tells me how she thinks I
should think it is, I love her and feel an abounding love for her despite how
bitter it makes me feel.
Entonces, eso. But the baptism of Heben
and Adriana was beautiful. It was raining and cold and dreary, which scared me
at first because usually if there is ugly weather nobody shows, but we had a
great attendance. There was lots of support from the youth and from the
families that know Heben. Elder Tecún from Guatemala baptized Heben and
Adriana's dad baptized her. And better yet, the water was warm. It was a bit
dirty but it was warm. Then Sunday they both received the Holy Ghost. It is a beautiful
thing to be part of a baptism of a soul. I will send fotos attached if I can.
Know that I love this gospel. The gospel
of Jesus Christ is another name for opportunity. It is a chance to be better,
to leave the past behind and to move forward without weight or rocks in your
backpack. It isn't easy, but Jesus takes the part of the burden we can't carry.
If he is the Son of God, with Him is there anything we can't do?
Hermana Castleton
PS. Sorry I can't send fotos. The
computer doesn't allow me to insert my USB. Cuak. Next week I will sit in the
one with the space to do it. Se lo prometo con todo el amor que poseo.
No comments:
Post a Comment