Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week 72 - "I love life. I love it and hope that this Christmas can be one of giving instead of getting. I love being a misionary. I love not seeing my needs. I love focusing on others and their eternal happiness. Life is good. Life is sweet. Life is love."


December 17, 2014

I am finishing my mision with a gringa. That is right. President changed me. Despite our hopes that we would be left together, Presidente separated Morales and I for good. Well, she only went a sector away, but in another Zone. But my new comp is called Hermana Bedard, from St. George, Utah. She has 9 months in the mision, is the 5 of 7 kids and is a very happy person. And I am now directing a sector I don't know completely. God sure has confidence. I am thrilled to see if I have the same. Portezuelo is a great sector with potential galore, but there is a lot of work to do to get it up and running instead of the slow pace we are making. But we have to start somewhere.

It is odd to get to this point in the mision. At the beginning, I arrived and everybody was suprised at how little time I had and how much was left. Now people are telling me I'm dead and how little time is left me. And the thing is, if I didn't feel as tired in body as I feel, I would decieve myself by thinking I had 6 months left. I don't want to think about leaving this part of my life behind. Sorry, my time hasn't come yet. I will not talk of this for a while.
Nothing new has happened recently. We are searching new people, trying to find people how want to listen to the message. This time of year is always fun. In Chile, the world disappears. Nobody leaves their houses when we call and they hide. But I love this people and their strange customs that have become normal for me. Even when they whistle at me and tell us to stay in Chile with them. Because those crazies need the gospel too. This time of year is to distinct from other times. The people have a distinct mindset and they look for ways to make others happy. Even in the worldly way of buying and seeing who can buy the most expensive gift or receive it, they still look for ways to make the lives of others brighter. That is what I love about this life. It is such a challenge. There is not a day that we know exactly what will us happen, but we live every day with a hope for what God will present us. I love it because people, even the most worldly and perverse know how to love and how to be good. There is goodness amidst the evil. There are still those who search to do good, even if they don't know the reason why. This life isn't easy, but through God, it is swell. It can become a blessing to live through trials. When we look through heaven's eyes and use His view to see everything, we will notice that our perspective isn't so petty. That we are only here as His hands. He sends us here to love, to serve, to bless His children through our own good will. He hopes that we will follow His commandments so that we can be blessed with those good fortunes and to find true and everlasting joy. I love life. I love it and hope that this Christmas can be one of giving instead of getting. I love being a misionary. I love not seeing my needs. I love focusing on others and their eternal happiness. Life is good. Life is sweet. Life is love.

Hermana Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment