October 22, 2014
You know something? Revelation is real. Cool, right? And just in case you didn't know or need a refreshing little stick of remembrance, I have a very cool experience to share. Sitting in a
Zone Conference, I couldn't help letting my mind wander a bit. I couldn't help wondering what I was missing. What I needed to do to improve, to find more people and to be a better misionary and person. Hermana Cook had just spoken to us about mental barriers and physical barriers. That the physical ones may exist, but if we really put all our effort and faith in the Lord, the mental ones can dissolve. It sometimes just takes an example to make the idea real. I was thinking about that and what are the barriers that I still need to break or jump over. Then the APs give their message. They spoke on the need to slow down and take time to talk to ALL. To everyone. Because sometimes we are in a hurry, we are working with urgencia to get to a cita, but we don't notice the hundreds of souls lingering and wallowing in anguish that also need around us. It really hit home. They told us not to offer our assistance, rather to start helping those in need. Like all the chilenas sweeping their dirt outside their houses. I was thinking about all the people I have undoubtedly let pass by without more than a friendly hola. I started to feel the need to tell just about everyone in sight about the message and to forcibly help them with their chores.
| Service. We burned wood. Fun stuff |
| Say goodbye to my dead and ruined hair. Don't panic. I am just going to dye my hair for the first time in my life. |
Well, the next day, we left the house exactly on time. We we closing the gate when behind us come to older women with a little cart. Here in Chile, they are very smart. They have little carritos they use to carry their groceries and such home. One of the wheels had flown off and couldn't be repaired. Taking the initiative, we got down on our knees and started to help fix the wheel. Seeing there couldn't be anything done to fix it, we offered to carry it to their house as we stood up and took the carrito in our hands. They hesitated and refused at first, but then saw our stubbornness and want to help. They let us. And thank goodness because they never would have made it home. They lived 25-30 minutes walk from where they had started. And the cart was heavy. We got to know one of the ladies, Prominencia, who had recently lost her partner, her father and her mother within a few years. She was distraught. We arrive to her house and immediately help her unpack. She let us sing a hymn, (Venid a mí) 'Come, follow me' and shared a bit of the plan of salvation. We fixed a day to pass by and left them with a good spirit and love. Although it happened in divisions and I won't have the chance to teach this woman, I know that my hand was needed to be able to help her get home. We needed to leave exactly on time to be able to forcibly offer our help. I testify of the reality of revelation. I know that God really does exist and listens to our prayers. And not only prayers, rather our thoughts that may or may not be distracted. He listens and responds according to our faith and diligence.
| Comida Peruana. Delicious. Seriously I don't know why it is so tasty. |
All right. We are finding new people. And it is awesome! Our labors are finally showing fruits. Pacience is key, my friends, to any miracle. Marta is a mom of 5. She works at a car repair shop, in which she lives as well. Her husband is a hard core alcoholic and is in rehab working to break his habits. We found her a while ago, but they never had time or wanted to listen. But now they do. And all thanks to my native tongue. Their daughter, Yansee who has 16 years, loves english. She loves to practice and to listen to me speak. We had a deal that I will teach and speak english with her if we can pass by to teach her and a her family the message and gospel. We are becoming close friends with them and I enjoy having the opportunity to help their family progress. They are very prepared. Marta is so cool. She knows the inside and outside of any type of car. We gave her a BoM the other day and she said that the book is beautiful. That is always a good sign of an open mind. Very positive. We are excited to teach them.
I don't remember if I mentioned Eda. Well, she is a menos activa. And she is amazing. She has one daughter, Javiera with 17 years, and they are very prepared. Eda is a RM from the mision Concepción in the same year my dad served. She knows what she needs to do, she understands that going to church is a commandment and this Sunday came to church. She gave her testimony and last night had an interview with the bishop. She is just on fire. All she needed was a little push in the right direction. We are very proud of her progress and she needs your prayers, along with Marta and her family.
Well, people. I have enjoyed this time to share my experiences. Thank you for listening or reading and for taking the time. Even though I can't hear your thoughts or say these things to you personally, I feel your support and prayers every moment. Thank you.
Ey, antes de que me olvide... cumple años felíz, te deseo a ti! Cumple años, mi papito dearest! Que los cumplas felíz! Te amo papi. Espero que tengas un día muy lindo y que disfrutes del amor que envio cada momento por el Espíritu. Te quiero mucho! [Hey, before I forget ... happy birthday!
daddy dearest! Happy birthday! I love you daddy. Hope you have a lovely day and enjoy the love that sent all times in the Spirit. I love you!]
Hermana Castleton
No comments:
Post a Comment