October 1, 2014
Happy September-Finally-Ended Day! October. Can you believe we've made it to October? Again? Wasn't it October a month ago?This week has truly been a testimony to me of the adventures of the soul. God truly put us here to be tested, let me testify of this truth. As misionaries we are put in situations that I never imagined I'd live through before my mision. I think of the times when I was asked to share my testimony or to teach some principle in front of a group of people and shrinking in fear. I don't know why I feel compelled to tell you all this, but when I was little, even up until my leaving talk (what is that called? Oh, yeah, Farewell), I usually didn't know what to say, so I copied and pasted some parts of old conference talks and changed some wordings. Pretty much, I cheated in church. Now I recognize that it was bad and understand that this is most likely the cause of my lack of testimony. But tangent aside, this week was a proof of all that the mision has changed and improved in me. The ZLs called us to invite/demand us to come with them. They didn't tell us what, just told us to meet them at such place at such time. Well, hesitant and blindly trusting, we went. And as we walked to the unknown destination, the elderes told us what we were about to do. We were about to participate in a 'Capilla Abierta' (Open House of the chapel) in a chapel in our zone. We sort of freaked out. Well, Reyes sort of spazzed out in anger toward the ZLs while I reacted more out of shock. What is a Capilla Abierta, you ask? The first thing you should know of these things is that the hermanas are in charge. Basically we are the face and the life and energy of the entire program. We start in the chapel with a large poster of the cristus and recording of Christ's voice in Temple Square. It is really very beautiful. Then we lead the groups of people around to other posters that we introduce basic topics of the restored gospel and explain certain things. We lead them to the different parts of the church, such as the YM and YW and also the Releif Society and Priesthood areas. Basically we use them so that people come to know the Church. It really is beautiful. I liked watching the hermanas that introduced the program. But now we had to direct it... A bit diferent. But I did about 5 bazilion prayers for the words, for the comfort and support I needed to be able to do everything calmly. My comp was freaking out, mostly because the elderes hadn't informed us before (which really shouldn't matter because we should be prepared at all times anyway), but in the end everything went really well. Well, apart from one explosion. We invited an Evangelico to visit and he came in and ripped apart with words the things we had just testified. He couldn't believe in living prophets. It was really frustrating and sad to see the members fighting against him. Instead of helping him to understand they ended up Bible bashing. And he left in a big huff. It was a bit of a pickle. We got everything back on track in the end. And it was a great experience.
I am so grateful for the testimony I have been given through the power and love of God. I am grateful to be his hands in this moment to be able to bring more of His children to knowledge and light. I know that this work isn't easy, but nobody ever promised us it was going to be. We've been promised it will be possible, and it is. And more than that, it is enjoyable. We are blessed with so many blessings daily through our obedience and love to our Lord and Savior. I know that it is true. I know that I am here, that I have been here in Chile for 14 months, to be able to become closer to Christ and to help others in their process as well.
I love this Church. I love you all and miss you! Keep smiling!
Hermana Castleton
No comments:
Post a Comment