Sunday, October 12, 2014

Week 62 - " That's what you get when you focus on the details. When you allow the Spirit to guide your thoughts and actions, everything has a tendency to go so much smoother."

October 8, 2014

Hello, real world. How are we doing? I hope that everything is going smooth as molases and that you all enjoyed the messages in General Conference weekend. For me, it was one of true inspiration and loads of spiritual aliments.

This week I have been paying more attention to the details of life. Sometimes I realize I am taking things very seriously, that I don't give myself time to recognize the little things in front of my eyes. But luckly I recognized that fault now because many crazy things have happened the past several days.

The past week, we had divisions. That is when me or my comp go with another companionship of hermanas and we switch for a day. It so happened that it was my turn to stay and Hermana Reyes to leave. Earlier that morning as we got ready to separate, I noticed some things I needed to change and others I noted that bugged my comp. Sadly, my pride got in the way and I ignored the promptings. I had the pleasure of getting to know Hermana Zucca, our hermana training leader from the North of Chile. She is a fireball. She is the sort of misionery I want to be. And as we talked throughout the day and contacted the rest of it, I realized that I really did need to do some things better. I know I can always improve, but it is always nice when the Spirit notes exactly which aspects I need to focus on. I realize I can be selfish, even after all I have been through and all that I have changed. I also realize that in order to have a flow and ebb in our relationship, I have to give of myself. When we are in the service of our companions, we are only in the service of our God. So this week, I worked to be the real senior comp that I should have been from the beginning of this change. I took charge. I initiated long sessions of contacts, the thing that is the hardest for me, and things between us were going better and better.

Last night, we were talking and Reyes shared some things she never has before. She has opened up and told me things I never expected her to tell me. How she feels like she is failing, that she feels lazy and that she hasn't done anything in her mision. I am so grateful for the chances God gives us to speak to His children, to be His mouthpiece. I have been waiting some time for her to warm up to me, realize that I am human and I am not perfect, but I do know some things. And it finally happened. That's what you get when you focus on the details. When you allow the Spirit to guide your thoughts and actions, everything has a tendency to go so much smoother.

Earlier this week, my comp volunteered me to teach english to a menos activo in the Familia Salgado. Moroni. He wants to enter into the Air Force of Chile and needs to take an exam in order to enter. And one of the subjects is english. Sadly, I am not the best teacher, I don't know exactly how to teach my own language in another language, but I did my best and Reyes conversed with him meanwhile. We discovered that the members of the ward had judged and talked about his style of clothing and music and that is why he didn't go to church. He told us because the members are hypocritical and don't live their preachings. We tried our best to explain that he didn't need to pay attention to the members, rather the Spirit of God that was there and to keep his focus on the Savior. He took us seriously and promised that he would try his best to come to the Stake Conference this weekend. I hope that he does because he could be such a good leader in this ward and for his family. Pray for him.

I hope that you understood my letter. I hope that the message got through more than anything and that the Spirit could help you. Mi esperanza por estos próximos dos meses es que todos puedan acercarse aún más al Salvador. Espero que nunca dejen de aumentar sus testimonios y crecer más y más fuertes en el evangelio. He pensado mucho de Jesús esta semana y todo lo que él sacrificó por nosotros. Creo que a veces menospreciamos lo que realmente es la expiación de Jesucristo. No nos damos cuenta de la profundidad y bendición que es el poder llegar a ser limpios y libres de nuestros pesares pasados y cargas. Es la bendición más grande e importante que tenemos como seres humanos, equivocados e imperfectos. Podemos vivir en un mundo loco y fuera de control, libres y felices y llenos de amor. Sé que gracias a la gracia de nuestro amoroso Padre Celestial, todos podremos estar en Su presencia. Es el sacrificio más grande que podemos hacer, servirles a otros para que lleguen a conocer la grandeza y pureza del evangelio. Por eso mismo estoy aquí. Dando lo que me quede de mi tiempo al Señor del amor que tengo por mi Dios y los hijos suyos en Santiago. [My hope for the next two months is that everyone can get even closer to the Savior. I hope you never stop increasing their testimonies and grow stronger and stronger in the gospel. I've thought of Jesus this week and all he sacrificed for us. I think sometimes we underestimate what really is the atonement of Jesus Christ. We do not realize the depth and blessing it is to be able to become clean and free of our past sorrows and burdens. It is the largest and most important blessing we have as human beings and imperfect wrong. We can live in a crazy world and outside, free and happy and loving control. I know that through the grace of our loving Heavenly Father, we can all be in His presence. It's the greatest sacrifice we can do, serve others to come to know the greatness and purity of the gospel. So I'm right here. Giving me the remainder of my time to the Lord of love that I have for my God and his children in Santiago.]

Les quiero tanto que no creo que lleguen a conocer el amor que tengo en el corazón. Espero que sus semanas sean buenas y que se den cuenta de los pequeños milagros que Dios les muestra. [I love them so much that I come to know the love that I have at heart. I hope your weeks are good and realize the little miracles that God shows them.]

Con amor [With love], Hermana Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment