Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 53 - Whitney's past her ONE YEAR MARK!! YAY!!!


August 6, 2014



Things are pretty normal around here. Hermana Jerez and I are having anxiety issues because our cambios are next week. Jerez is nervous because she still doesn't know how to find herself in the sector and gets lost, but I'm nervous because Jerez has become a very normal part of my life. She is like the second part of me I didn't know existed. I am so grateful for her existence because she has blessed my life in many countless ways, including a different and happier perspecitve of life. She has helped me realize the importance of rolling with the punches. Although she is the complete oposite of calmness and gets antsy within five minutes, I have realized that I need to be the one with the calm head. Thanks to the years of experience I have with younger brothers and sisters screaming and overreacting, I have become the calm side of the quarter while she provides the other with energy and chaos. We are very much oposites, buy that is why we are so good together.
I have come to the realization that this is truly the Church of Jesus Christ. I preach this truth every day, but it dawns on me every time I share that simple but powerful message with people. Throughout my studies of the New Testament, I have come to a love of the profets. In Romans 8, there is a really very unique message from Paul. Some of my thoughts. Really, Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God who was chosen before this life to redeem us. He really did atone and pay and suffer for our sins. Jesus loved us enough, each and every one, that he came to earth specifically to pay for us. I don't believe we completely understand what that means. We can comprehend to a level, but it is more wonderful and incredible than we can understand. But He loved us so much that he took of the bitter cup, suffered agony from every pore of his body and then suffered the very people he had just atoned for to kill him. Paul then asks a question very simple. In verse 35, he asks us, what will separate us from the love of Christ? If you think about it, is there anything in the entire world that can separate us from His love? No! There is nothing in the world that can take that love from us. The only thing that can keep us from his love is us. Ourselves. We really are our worst nightmare. We are the ones that tell ourselves we can't, that we aren't, that we are too, that we don't have, that we don't deserve. We are our enemy. But guess what? Christ triumphed over us, too. He triumphed over the world and the natural man. He suffered for the agony and trials we cause to ourselves and 'we are more than conquerors through him that loved us'. We are more than winners and we conquer the world and everything in it through Jesus Christ. That is really the message we bring. That there is hope. There is joy and there is love everlasting through the Son of God. That is the miracle we transmit to the world. That is why we have more than 80000 misioneries in the world. We want everybody to be happy! We want everybody to conquer. We know that for everybody it is possible to be redeemed and cleansed.
But just remember that He cannot do it alone. He already fulfilled his part. He cannot do it all. We have to show that we really do love him and follow Him through our actions. Faith is a principle of action. We must do. We must ask and always work to improve and become better. He gave us the direction in the GPS, it is our job to follow, whether it be on foot or by way of sports car, He gave us the way and the tools. We can do it and we can help others along the way. In fact, it is easier and more fun to travel in packs. Who wants to travel and arrive to the Celestial Kingdom alone? Nobody. Obviously. Therefore, do. Act. Put your faith in action and let God work His miracles through you. Do your visiting teaching visits, uphold and help your leaders, go to church, read the scriptures, pray, have faith, take hope, be happy and SMILE through your journey of life. I know Jesus lives. I know he loves me and He has infinite love for each one of us. Pray, listen and act, I dare you.
Con cariño, Hermana Castleton


I asked Whitney some questions...

Mamasita: 

Are you excited to get a new companion soon? 
How are Marianela, Norma and Mila? And Tamara?

Hermana Castleton:

I am nervous about receiving a comp. I love Jerez. We are two completely opposite peas in a pod. Marianela and Milla are nervous as well and don't want me to leave. Tamara is great! She is helping her mom progress. Monica is attending the activities of the Soc Soc and loves the hermanas in the ward. She feels the need to get divorced from her husband before her baptism, so she will get baptized the 23 of agosto. We are still searching new people and can really use some prayers specifically to find investigadores in the sector. I have faith in contacting and knocking doors, but would rather be teaching for a few hours instead of walking in the cold. But we are so good. I loved hearing from you and I am grateful for you two that write me every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment