April 21, 2014
 |
| Hermanas Castleton and Cabero having a good time serving, while wearing their "helping hands" aprons. |
 |
Hermanas Castleton and Cook serving the families
in need from the massive fire last week in Valparaiso. |
The life the world provides does not prepare anybody for the life Christ has in store for us. We are taught since childhood that everything we do will be graded on how much we know, the correctness of the knowledge we have and the tarea [task] we complete. That is all well and good. But God doesn't have a grade book. He doesn't keep track of the mistakes and he doesn't count the gold stickers we receive throughout life. We don't get points docked or added for the decisiones we take. It is a matter of accountability, personal dedicacion to the Lord and His Son and eternal consequences. But also, God is our Father, He wants the very best of everything He has to offer and gives us every oportunity and chance to earn His gift.
 |
| Hermanas y Elders assisting fire victims. |
Eternal Salvacion and happiness. With Him. Yes, God judges. He looks upon us, expects us to obey and follow His commands, and blesses or condemns us for our acciones. But He is a worthy and loving Father who knows we aren't perfect. That we won't always choose what He knows is better and that our choices will affect us for the negative at times. That is why in the perfectplan He made, He appointed a Salvador
[Savior]. Our Brother who would descend to the depths of sin, pain and anguish of mortality to help guide us. Jesus Christ is our Redemmer from sin. He saves and helps us obstain from pain and strengthens us. He was sent here to be our way and mediador back to the Father. Through Christ and His miraculous resurreccion, we may obtain the blessing of peace and joy in our lives, find strength to overcome sin and worldiness, and return as one worthy to live with God and Him again for eternity.
It all depends on us. Our eternal happiness, salvacion and state depends on our strength and willingness to find and stick with Christ. We have the gift of agency. Thanks to our Father, we can choose to live righteously and find eternal life. We must prove ourselves worthy in the trials of this life to be able to live with the perfect being who is God in the next.
 |
| Hna Cabero, Marianela y yo en almuerzo [at lunch]... :D |
 |
Joaquin was bautized by his papa, Mauricio. And there we are,
his mama, hna Cabero y yo |
It is increibly sad and dificult to see tanta gente [many people] deny and reject the truth. We speak to hundreds of people, see them in the street. They don't realize their destinies as Children of God. They haven't been showed the path back to eternal life through Christ. They walk without proposito [purpose] and meaning and yet they don't know it. They don't know there is a better way. A life without anguish where there is hope, comfort and joy complete. I am grateful and increibly blessed to be a messanger of God. I am weak, I am simple and I am utterly imperfect. I don't comprend exactly the purpose I have or the miracles God does for me. I trip, I fall and I don't walk straight at times. I walk the streets in hope of finding my hermanos espiritus dispuestos [willing spirit brothers & sisters] to take upon them the yoke of Christ. There are much who are called, but few are chosen. It is a humbling thought to think that, like Christ, God has chosen me to help bless the lives of my siblings in Chile. He has designated me a porcion of his reino [kingdom] and it is my deber [duty] to watch and care for this little number of his redil [fold].
 |
Tamara, yo, Millaray y Marianela... All three
in church this day! Wooh! |
Life isn't about the golden stars and the black spots. Like that one book I don't remember how it is called [You are Special, by Max Lucado], God judges us for who we are, not for who the world thinks us to be. God loves you. He thinks about you and your situaciones all the days. He wants your success and wants you to feel His love. Search it through the little things. The smiles, the laughs, the heartaches, the slowness of time... Every little thing. Seek and ye shall find. I love you and hope your week is wonderful and warm!
Hermanita Castleton
No comments:
Post a Comment