Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 36 - "I kneeled down. I implored to the Lord with all the strength of my heart not to say what I felt and to help take the anger I felt. Within three seconds of saying Amen, an imediate calm fell over my shoulders. I could breathe again, my vision cleared, the feeling of cotton in my throat went away..."


April 7, 2014


Who doesn't love conference weekend? I miss saying conference weekend. I think I will write it again. Conference weekend! We were truly fed spiritually, like Presidente Monson told us. The messages were inspiring, the speakers were inspired and the music was inspiracional. This was truly an end of a week increible.

All right, here is my lovely week from the beginning to the fin.
Lunes, we bowled with a group of Elderes that are se fueing (leaving) for their houses. Fun was had, bowling balls were dropped way too hard onto the floor and nearly crushed somebody's foot, and I got the score more big! Wooh, beat that Elder Bermeo! (I mean, nicely played...) The entire rest of the week was a bit complicada because we didn't teach any lessons. Literally none. Ningun. But we did have an actividy of the barrio [neighborhood], which we planned well and had a fun performance and everything. Guess how many members came? 11. Out of the 70+ active members. Chilenos. And after a wonderful week, my hija would stay in our sector to direct it while Hermana Castaño, an Hna Lider, came to do divisiones [splits]

First, Hermana Cabero sort of had a panic attack. Sort of. A bit. We were walking home and she chewed me out for something I didn't do or say, which I chose not to respond to. But I wanted to so badly. She told me I'm stupid and I don't know what I'm doing. It hurt. More than it would have normally if Elder [anonymous] hadn't been saying the same things the last several weeks [she's been having an issue with one particular elder saying some really mean things to her]. But I kept my mouth closed, breathing deeply until she went into the bathroom. Nearly in tears of rage, I continued to breathe, but it didn't help. I kneeled down. I implored to the Lord with all the strength of my heart not to say what I felt and to help take the anger I felt. Within three seconds of saying Amen, an imediate calm fell over my shoulders. I could breathe again, my vision cleared, the feeling of cotton in my throat went away and I could hear the sobs of my companion from the bathroom. When she finally emerged with tear-swelled eyes, I asked if she was all right. Her answer yanked my heart down to the ground and we live on the piso 11. It was a long fall. She told me she wanted to go. She didn't want to be here and coudn't do it anymore. I called for help, but the Hermana Clearwater and Castaño didn't respond immediately.

I am and for always will be thankful for that prayer. I am grateful for the imediate calm I recibed [received] from God because if I hadn't, I doubt I would have responded in the way I did. I took her hand, looked into her eyes and told her I needed her here. I told her there are people whose lifes she needs to bless todavia [yet]. I said other things I didn't know I was capable of saying. That is why I love the Spirit. I can be stronger, sweeter and kinder through his power. She finally calmed down, being the strong person she is, and told me she wanted to do divisiones because she wanted to see what trials God has for her the next day. The tender, eternal mercy of God is real. He allows us to bless the lives of our beloved friends and family of God. I am so blessed to be a part of this work and to be His hands in helping Hermana Cabero shape the experience of a mision.

Second, let me just say that the temblor, or tremble (?I don't actually know how to say that in English. Sorry), the itybitty terremotos [earthquake aftershocks] that really do nothing but scare us to death, are exciting! We were in divisiones for a day with the Hermanas Lideres. They live on the 13th piso.  Hna Clearwater in the shower, I was writing in my journal lying on my stomach on the bed. De repente [suddenly], I couldn't keep my arms from shaking. Sometimes this passes to me [happens to me] and when I am resting on my elbows because my joints are dumb. But then the curtains started to move back and forth and the entire bed was moving. I looked around the room with probably the widest smile of glee you've seen on my face (I wish I had recorded it). 30 seconds later, it stopped. I jumped from the bed and peered out the window expecting to see...something. I dunno what. But nothing happened. Then one by one the lights in the city were cut. With the content smile still on my face, I heard Hna Clearwater shout from the baño what happened. I told her there was a temblor [tremor]. She responded, 'Why am I always in the shower when it tiemblas [trembles]?' The lights came back on and then I thought of Cabero. The pobresita. She is terrified of terremotos because they don't occur in Bolivia. I prayed for her, expecting to hear the story the next day.

Finally, we had lessons. That noche of Sabado [Saturday Night], we found and taught Marianela. About the importance of General Conference. The lesson was super good. We taught with the Spirit, her catolic aunt was present and we taught well. Sadly, she woke up domingo with a dolor in her back [Sunday with a pain in her back]. So she wasn't able to asist [attend] Buucha. Que fome. [Dang! What a Bummer!] But she watched it from her home. Or that is our esperanza [hope].

Para que sepais, mis amados hermanos mios en Cristo [To let you know, my beloved sisters/brethren in Christ], I love this gospel. I love that God loves us. I love the profets and their increible direccion for we in these times. I am glad to have a body, these challenges I am experimenting and the joy I feel! I am thankful for Jesus Christ, for who He is and His wonderful example of love. He is my Savior, my best friend and my constant companion in Spirit. I am thankful for that my family will have to learn to live with me again in this life and throughout the eternities. I love that God gives us things that seem increibly dificult and imposible with the wisdom and knowledge that we can and will overcome with Faith in Christ.

I love you and pray for you. I hope your week is filled with warmth and the Spirit and with LOVE!

Hermana Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment