Monday, February 17, 2014

Week 29 - "I love to read the scritures and feel the truth soaking and sinking more profundly into the roots of my soul."

February 17, 2014

I drew the Santiago Templo. For a converso reciente de la Hermana Cook
I am grateful for my testimony. I am glad for the opportunity to grow and deepen it at every chance I have. I enjoy feeling peace and joy through the cleansing power of the Holy Ghost. I love to read the scritures and feel the truth soaking and sinking more profundly into the roots of my soul. There has been much of that this week. Hours of it. I have discovered more about myself and the workings of the Spirit throughout the week passed than I imagined posible. I have seen the fruits of my study and

diligence through the miracles. Since Hermana Cook dearest couldn't leave the house, we set up splits with the members. Sadly, our barrio is a bit disanimado and the members never have the time or desire to come. But we found some and I left to teach with them. Maria Teresa, our preciosa converso reciente, acompanied me to citas. It was incredible. She came to a realization of the knowledge, the deep testimony she has, of the Evangelio. She was able to help others come unto Cristo through her example of faith. She is literally a changed woman. She is fighting for her marriage for the third time, trying to raise a wayward son and keeping her insane grandma under control. Props to her. She is an example of the believers. I admire her and I am proud to be able to call her a dear friend.


Mish. Happy Valentine's Day!
This week, having passed the Day of Love, Valentines Day, I couldn't help thinking of the year past. Of the switch I've made from the person I was a year ago to the woman I am today. I feel the power of the change the Lord has placed inside of me, through the promptings of the Spirit and the true joy I find studying the scriptures. Many of you reading may not know, but before my mision, I didn't have a testimony. I didn't know if I even knew God existed. I felt disconnected from everyone and didn't want anything to do with the Church. I didn't care much for the scriptures, I can't think of one time I opened them and recognized the Spirit. I can tell you that the mision isn't only to have the misioneries bring other souls to Crist, but to bring the misionaries to Him. If I come home with nobody but myself as a convert, if God doesn't place anyone else in my path, I will have accomplished the goal of a mision. Because this is a saving work. I see the salvacion of God through Jesus Christ every day in the little miracles and gigante things. I testify that God has a hand in our lives. He truly loves us. He wants us to return to live with Him. That is the purpose of our lives, to have joy and to achieve the eternal life. He has given us the way, Jesus Christ, and all the tools to find and keep the path. It is our task to stay diligent and work for our blessings.

I know this work is God's work and that He wants to bless you. He wants to bless others through you, as well, so keep your eyes open and your heart alert. I love you all and pray for your safety and sanity and testimonies! Pray to have experiences to strengthen yourselves. I love you!

Hermana Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment