Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 27 - Truth be told that conversion doesn't happen all at one time. But when it comes, sometimes it isn't poco por poco [little by little]. This week was an experience I've never had before.

February 3, 2014

Truth be told that conversion doesn't happen all at one time. But when it comes, sometimes it isn't poco por poco [little by little]. This week was an experience I've never had before.

There are little points, I'm realizing, where you learn things and know they're true. But you don't KNOW it's true. ¿Cachan? But then comes the testament of the Holy Ghost. When you feel a confirmation of truth from the Spirit, it is very hard to miss and very hard to forget. Reading in Predicad Mi Evangelio en Martes [Preach My Gospel on Tuesday], I was studying the first lesson for the who knows how manyeth time. I read the first sentence in the section of the Book of Mormon. I don't remember exactly what the sentence says, but I read it and I could not deny the sheer obviousness of how much the gospel and the Plan of God make sense. God knew the Bible and the teachings would become corrupted over time and He would need to provide another, untainted source or perspective of truth. That's why He sent Lehi to leave Jerusalen y He had Moroni hide the plates in the ground until the time was right. Knowing men would corrupt one of the volumes of scripture with their lies and abominaciones [abominations], He sent Lehi and his family to live in an entirely different continent. it isn't completely odd that Joseph Smith found gold plates in a hill from 1000 years before because there were people living there in that time. It's only a confirmation. They created plates of gold because engravings can't rub away or be erased and changed. They were hidden until God know man was ready for further light and instruction. Why wouldn't it make sense that there would be a record like the Biblia for the people here? It's odd that people think it's wrong that there is.

This gospel and the Church make too much logical sense.The foundation of the Church is the Book of Mormon and it makes too much sense to say it isn't true. God knew the Bible, once perfect doctrine in every way, would become corrupted by Satan. He sent Lehi and his family from the wickedness and destruction to begin and end another pure record of His children here. They lived their lives, Christ ministered and returned to His Father, then the record was finished and hidden by his last profet before the apostacy so nothing of men or earth could corrupt or change the fulness and purity of the writings and doctrines. But men weren't ready for the truth yet, so he buried the record waiting for the time the earth was ready and looked to God for instruction.

God loves His children. He wasn't going to leave us in the dark. He called Jose Smith, a pure, genuinely searching joven [young man], to reestablish His truth on the earth again. When Jesus and the apóstoles died, the autority of God was taken from the earth. That is why there are so many religiones but a lack of truth. Jose [Joseph] discovered the LDM [plates] and through the power of God translated it so we, His children, can find the truth and become converted. There can't only be the truth and words of God from the Bible because God is a god of miracles and still wants to speak to His children. It only strengthens the need of profets. Profets are the mouthpiece of God. God loves us and we need His guidance. He hasn't stopped speaking to His children because HE LOVES US. His plan makes too much sense to deny the truth of it. Everything is just too logical because God is wisdom.

I know that conversion is a gift. I can testify and promise with more power because I know the gospel is true. I know the words and profets in the Bible and BOM are words and advice and the love and plan of happiness from God. I know He loves us. He loves us more than we can imagine in our finite little brains. But He knows we're not perfect. So if you mess up, use the free and perfectly infinite atonement. He wants you to return to Him, and that is our eternal, inward desire as well.

I love you all. I hope your semana is MARAVILLOSA [week is wonderful]! ¡Tengan una semana linda! [Have a nice week!]

Hermana Castleton

Photos...

¡SEIS MESES! [6 months]

Why didn't somebody tell me the HOBBIT IS OUT??? Well. Probably better. Distractions y total [too distracting]. 
Candid shot. Thank you, Hermana Johnson

Bird exhibit at the Buin Zoo. Bakan

Flaite. Totalmente
Santiago Zoo
Add caption

Hermana Cook's mom sent us matching rings for Christmas... Aw.





No comments:

Post a Comment