Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Week FOUR!

August 27, 2013...

Hola from Santiago!
Great week. Yesterday was the best I've had in a while. My Spanish is steadily progressing and I am really starting to get along with my fellow Hermanas.Here's a rundown of why yesterday and the night before were so fantastic.. First, we finally committed Patricio to baptism! Wooh. Although it's fake, I still feel somewhat great about my growing abilities and I love to see my comp and I progress together.
Erm, so I didn't realize how much of an influence I can be with my art. I drew a few of the Latinos and everyone freaked out and wants me to draw them now. I drew a picture of Elder and Hna Gilbert for their 43 anniversary and had the people in my District sign the back. It was incredible to see everyone's reactions. I've always had people around me that have the same if not better drawing abilities and it's definitely a change, but I like to see others happy and I love to draw, so I'm all right with it.
Let's see. Ah, we committed Daniel (both Daniel and Patricio are teachers role playing, by the way mom) to baptism as well and although it was rocky at the beginning, the Spirit and my Spanish pulled us through to the end of the lesson. I am so excited and waiting impatiently to go out into the real world. I want to be able to be the Lord's instrument and have others feel the joy and wonder I felt when I realized I truly am a child of Dios. I agree completely with what my cousin Jake said. 2 weeks would be too short, 6 weeks just a bit too long. I know as much of the language as I think I can learn in the CCM and I've gotten to really know how to teach (better than the beginning, anyway).
My testimony has really grown, even in the last week. About Jesus, God and the entire Church of Jesus Christ as a whole. I have been praying constantly every spare moment and occupied moment I have for the gift of tongues and the strength to be bold in my learning. I have never prayed so much just to be a better person or for the ability to stay awake and continue to learn. I've heard and witnessed miracles, small as they are, that have strengthened my love for my Savior, my family and my firm belief in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am already witnessing the changes in my speaking and mannerisms and the way I treat people. A substitute we had yesterday told us to choose a Christlike Attribute from PME to really work on and become better at before the end of our CCM stay and I've chosen charity. I don't realize sometimes how sharp and snarky I am with my remarks and I am very sarcastic. It may take longer than two weeks to change, but I'm determined to be a disciple of Christ and become as a little child.
My dad told me to write about my feelings and thoughts more deeply and my mom wants pictures. I think I'll end here and start to send some photos. If there's still time at the end, I will absolutely write more.
I love and miss all you people back in the real world. I want to send my deepest love and affection to my lovely family and wonderfully supportive friends. Thank you for your prayers and emails.
Hermana Castleton
PS Ah, mom, before I forget, do you think you could send some pictures of my AP concentrations from AP Art? The elders and hermanas want to see some of my work and I told them you may be able to. I'm not sure where they may be, but either someplace in my room or the basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment