January 7, 2015
As we all know, for every thing there is a season and every season has
its own timing. We have learned that is the same with miracles. Like I wrote
last week, we came into contact with many miracles last week. And I believe
that is only glimpsing the surface of all the ones God has in store for this
sector. But there is also a time to be logical. We also know it is
commanded that a man (or woman) not work more than she is able. My compy got
sick with nasty bronchitis over the last week end. So we have been cooped up in
the house. Today we decided to free ourselves and go to the temple for Pday.
Freedom!
During these days of confinement, I have studied from the scriptures. I have had a spiritual feast that has never been had. I sucked all the knowledge that exists in all the Liahonas we have in the house, started the BoM again and got to 2 Nefi 29, and even finished DyC for the first time in my life. Más encima, I have had a moment or two to think of the future. Some may call me a misionary trunky or 'muerta' or 'unconsagrated'. But as my time draws near, I haven't been able to keep my mind from what will happen to me and to life and the world when I come home. I am not thinking of my carrera [career] or getting married (erm.) or the short term and worldly things. I thought to myself many times this week that I wouldn't be able to make it in the real world. That my testimony wasn't strong enough. That I was weak. That I wasn't doing enough. Where is the harm if I have only 3 weeks left? And Satan whispered sly and matter-of-factly, 'That is correct.' That woke me up a bit, as you can imagine.
It is true that without God, I am all those things. But with God, I am unstoppable. With God, with His infinite and eternal strength, power and wisdom, how is it possible that I can fail? With the All-Mighty God who has created me, along with worlds without end, how can we fail? If we trust in God, we don't need to know everything. In fact, we will come to know the truth of all things through the faith and confidence we come to achieve in the Lord.
The future is uncertain. It is unknown if I will live until the end of my mision, if I will walk out the door of the house every morning, or if I will live to see my grandchildren grow up. But because of our faith and knowledge of this gospel, eternal and perfect, we know truths that are without price and worth all that we have. We know that families are forever. They are eternal unities. We will see each other, through our obedience and sacrifice, at the end of our lives and in the next. We have all the saving ordinances and covenants needed to help all the inhabitants of this earth to one day arrive before God in His presence. Cool beans. I love this gospel. I love that God loves us. I know that He loves and blesses us according to His will and His knowledge. I know that He is a perfected and glorified Being who has made this earth and the rules and commandments He has given us because of that love. He knows how it is in the next life, in the celestial life, so He gives us commandments in our telestial world to see if we are able and willing to obey them to one day obey even higher laws where He is. I hope we can all be obedient. Obedient because we want to, not for obligation. That is my prayer. Que les vaya muy bien en esta semana y disfruten el clima en dónde estén. Les quiero con todo el corazón! [Hope things go well this week and enjoy the climate where you are. I love you with all my heart!]
Hermana Castleton
During these days of confinement, I have studied from the scriptures. I have had a spiritual feast that has never been had. I sucked all the knowledge that exists in all the Liahonas we have in the house, started the BoM again and got to 2 Nefi 29, and even finished DyC for the first time in my life. Más encima, I have had a moment or two to think of the future. Some may call me a misionary trunky or 'muerta' or 'unconsagrated'. But as my time draws near, I haven't been able to keep my mind from what will happen to me and to life and the world when I come home. I am not thinking of my carrera [career] or getting married (erm.) or the short term and worldly things. I thought to myself many times this week that I wouldn't be able to make it in the real world. That my testimony wasn't strong enough. That I was weak. That I wasn't doing enough. Where is the harm if I have only 3 weeks left? And Satan whispered sly and matter-of-factly, 'That is correct.' That woke me up a bit, as you can imagine.
It is true that without God, I am all those things. But with God, I am unstoppable. With God, with His infinite and eternal strength, power and wisdom, how is it possible that I can fail? With the All-Mighty God who has created me, along with worlds without end, how can we fail? If we trust in God, we don't need to know everything. In fact, we will come to know the truth of all things through the faith and confidence we come to achieve in the Lord.
The future is uncertain. It is unknown if I will live until the end of my mision, if I will walk out the door of the house every morning, or if I will live to see my grandchildren grow up. But because of our faith and knowledge of this gospel, eternal and perfect, we know truths that are without price and worth all that we have. We know that families are forever. They are eternal unities. We will see each other, through our obedience and sacrifice, at the end of our lives and in the next. We have all the saving ordinances and covenants needed to help all the inhabitants of this earth to one day arrive before God in His presence. Cool beans. I love this gospel. I love that God loves us. I know that He loves and blesses us according to His will and His knowledge. I know that He is a perfected and glorified Being who has made this earth and the rules and commandments He has given us because of that love. He knows how it is in the next life, in the celestial life, so He gives us commandments in our telestial world to see if we are able and willing to obey them to one day obey even higher laws where He is. I hope we can all be obedient. Obedient because we want to, not for obligation. That is my prayer. Que les vaya muy bien en esta semana y disfruten el clima en dónde estén. Les quiero con todo el corazón! [Hope things go well this week and enjoy the climate where you are. I love you with all my heart!]
Hermana Castleton
Whitney: Hey, erm, here I be B)
Mamasita: Hi Whit!!! What's up? How are you today? We're fine! Enjoying some sunshine this week after last couple weeks of cold, snowy weather.
Whitney: Join me where I am. It is hot and we are lucky a bit of breeze is running. We went to the temple today for pday. I loved it. I have been extremely trunky this week. I haven't been able to stop thinking of what I am going to do after I return and what is going happen with my life. We were in the house since Monday, so we had some time to rest and lots to think. But I am great. I am learning patience and love and pacience. How are you?
Mamasita: I would LOVE to be in the heat! I already miss summer and I am learning patience with weather because I would love to live in 80 degree weather all year long.
I am learning patience with missing you and I have had to learn patience your entire mission, but at the same time there is NO other place I would rather have you than where you are right now! Just less than three weeks Whit so enjoy each moment, each person, each spiritual experience there! You're a wonderful blessing to us and example to your siblings and us!!
You went to the temple for pday!? The that's so wonderful! We have
a lot of temple work to do...if you would like to, you can help me when you get
home. We have quite a few names that Courtney and I have found that need temple
work done!! Woohoo! Family history and Temple work are amazing! This week I
have found about 6-8 new people to add to our family tree that weren't there
before! I bet these people in the spirit world are so excited for us to do
their work! I feel like they guided me on Sunday to find them because I was
heading from the chapel where I played the organ and I went past the stake
offices and I looked into the big stake meeting room and I
noticed that the computers were all set up and I remembered that the Susan
Murano and Janet Rogers hold a family history class during Sunday school time.
And so I was drawn into there and I felt a great desire to do family history
work. I just love family history work! Within about 10 minutes after we got
started I found a person and then I found his parents and then ended up finding
a couple of people just during that hour. It was quite a miracle!
Whitney: Wooh! Go Spirit power! Sorry, I would write more, but I am going to finish the letter to all then I will write, all right?
Mamasita: Sounds good :)
Whitney: Listo. All right, I am glad you could have that wonderful experience. I hope to be able to help when I get home because I finally understand the reality and importance of family history and temple work! How is Ashley? she told me some bad news of her math test, her fool of a boyfriend and that isn't feeling well.
I told
Whitney how I felt Ashley was doing and this is what she said:
Whitney: I am glad you are there
to support her, mom. Really, I am glad you have and always will be there. I
know you will take care of her. She needs a bit of time. And she isn't ready
for marriage yet, thank goodness. My little sister cannot get married without
me meeting the guy. Also, I think that is a great idea of the temple. Get her
thinking outside herself and she will be smiling and her normal self in no
time. [Here
is a payback moment!!:] But I mean it mom. You are an
incredible person. You are one of the best people I know. I have realized it
more and more over this year and a half without you at my side or at the end of
a phone. I miss you ordering me around or yelling my name from the bottom of
the stairs or texting me from one seat away in the movie theater or learning
how to cook and laughing at our failures. I cannot wait to have long, intense
and deep discusions at the dinner table after everybody has gone with the
dishes sitting in front of us. Because now I really do know that this is the
true church and the reality and meaning of eternity and life. Sorry I make a
sermon every time I talk. Sometimes I just write and forget that I am writing
an email not a book... Hehh
Mamasita: I love your sermons
and always will Whitney! You can always preach to me because I have so much to
learn and am so excited to learn from you when you get home! Now that you have me
bawling I have to face my day. That's ok, I cry every time we say goodbye and
when you pushed the end button last week I was at the other end crying for a
few moments at the table and everyone just looked at me and said, "oh
Mom!" You and I have a special connection and it's even more apparent now
that you are so in love with the gospel and love our Savior so much - like me.
We have that in common now.
Don't
be too trunky and enjoy the week and the miracles! Isn't it wonderful that we
can help make miracles happen!? What an amazing thing! I love you! And
miss you dearly! ~Mamasita
Whitney: Thanks for letting me
let you cry. That isn't me, you know. It is the spirit. I believe we do have a
special connection. Oldest daughter and mom. Someat.. something like that.
Sorry I have my own language. I love you and we will talk next week, all right?
I will try my best to make this week the best week ever. I hope you can do the
same B) I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment