When the time comes, it is hard to take it all in. A year and a half has gone. The entire life-altering experience of one sister missionary has passed, leaving me with the mixed flavors of bitter and sweet. My mind won't grasp the concept that I will be taken away from my new and unique home. My heart won't leave me be when I think of all those people whose lives I have been blessed enough to change, that I now will leave behind.
In these last several days we have seen the power of miracles. Nothing spectacular or extraordinary may have happened, but these experiences we have had in this week have changed my perspective forever. For example, we have been looking for new people to teach because we are getting low on... people, so we began contacting. We found one incredible less active family that were baptized 5 years ago and have nothing against the church, they just didn't have the time to participate and se alejaron. We called their door and they spoke to us for quite a bit, then we fixed a time in which we (my comp and her new comp) can pass by next week. We have taught new investigators, are teaching old ones and leaving some behind. The work continues, even when the life of one misionary comes to an end. I am glad for that because it keeps my blood flowing in this last bit of time.
These last two weeks have been full of despedidas from my other wards. I went to El Parrón last weekend, Progreso this weekend and finished with La Blanca last night. I would send fotos but I really don't trust this ciber and don't want viruses in my SD card. So you will need to wait a bit to see them. But I could not believe that time had passed so quickly. I got to El Parrón and everyone stared at me when I spoke. I didn't realize why until an hermano told me that my spanish is spectacular. I realized then that when I got there I didn't speak at all. I was a timid and afraid child who didn't know anything of the world. I was also a bit chubbier, supposedly. Because many mentioned that I looked more delgada. Bueno. Menos mal [thin. Okay. Thankfully]. At least they didn't say I looked fatter. My progress is shown and seen in every aspect through the people with whom I have been blessed to associate with. They have seen me from the very beginning and have seen the person the gospel has allowed me to become. I am and will be grateful forever to my Father in Heaven for this marvelous and incomparably incredible opportunity He has given to me to serve Him. I am with words, but would need several thousand of hours to write all the blessings and challenges I have been given that have blessed and improved my life.
I have been thinking of those of you, my family and not family, younger than me and asking if they should or would like to serve misiones. Let me advise you of a few things: the mision is not an easy or whimsical thing. Don't go into this decision thinking it will be easy. This will be a time in your life where you will struggle, cry, trip, scrape yourselves up, sweat and be frustrated more than you ever will in your life. But it is the most beautiful trial you will ever be given. It is a priveledge to be in God's service. Not only do we serve to edify and build God's kingdom on the earth. God calls us to build and edify us as well. He loves you. He wants you to be happy. And He knows how you can be happy and find that peace and that person you know you want to be. On the mission. Go. Do it. Experiment. Prove God's promise if He will not pour out His blessing until they overbound you when you serve Him faithfully. It is the most beautiful and trying thing you will ever have to push through, but I promise you will come home from the mision a better person than you can try to become on your own.
That is all. My last sermon. I hope you enjoyed it. You better because it is the last one you will read. How bittersweet is it to know that everything has to come to an end? I know that Christ lives. His life came to an end so that He could live even more powerfully. He loves us. He did everything for us. He is waiting for us to do our part. I know that because of that love, we have prophets, old and new. He talks to them to let us know how to be happy. I love and honor our profets in all they do. I love him because he called me here. I love this gospel because it is another name for opportunity. We can change. We can be better. We don't have to move in endless circles and cycles without end. And this I testify with all the force and love in my heart.
I'll see you on the other side B)
Hermana Castleton
Conversation with Whitney:
Mamasita:
[I sent Whitney this photo of the countdown]. "Woohoo 6 days left until we see you!!!!
Whitney:
Conversation with Whitney:
[I sent Whitney this photo of the countdown]. "Woohoo 6 days left until we see you!!!!
Whitney:
How can it be that my own mother killed me? Hah, mom. I opened it and almost died. You have a count down for me in blocks of
wood? You are so trunky! heheh, thank you for sending it to me. It really moved my heartrate up
Mamasita:
Hi beautiful! How are you today?
Whitney:
I have mixed feelings. I am ready to come home, but I don't know if I can leave because I love this place so much. I miss you all but I can't imagine leaving behind all my families here. Agh, I am so happy. I am sad and stressed and tired and feel lazy and emotionally drained and like I want to cry and laugh and throw up and jump for joy and sit in the fetal position and lay in my bed and hug the entire world until I lose strength in my arms. That is how I am doing. How are you my sweet mother?
Mamasita:
That is a crazy emotion all at once. I know how that feels whit! I miss you and can't wait for you to come but I don't want your mission to end either because I have enjoyed reading your letters each week!
I'm at timberline dropping something off for Courtney. It's so crazy being here with all these junior high kids! Brings back a lot of memories! Courtney told me to say hi to you and she said have fun with mom!. She such a great girl, that Courtney! She has not even complained about having you move in with her in her room. She could've made it really hard on me and complained about it but she has been such a delight has helped me every step of the way to get your room ready for you next week.
what Are You doing today?
Mamasita:
You are so funny the way you express yourself! You make me laugh. That's what's so funny about you is you don't mean to be funny! I love it!
Whitney:
It is funny that you say that because nobody really knows me like you do and nobody pays attention to me. I am just another gringa. But to you and all the family I am some popular character. It is really humbling to realize the effect my mision has had on so many people here and also at home. I don't know why I always begin rambling. I am sorry. I will try to be better when we talk next week heheh. I don't guarantee anything though
I hope I can be a good roommate. We aren't doing anything really. It is already finishing. I can't believe it is my last pday. We went to one of the chapels to watch a movie called Saravoc Approach or a thing like that and ate pancakes chilean style. And then we went to another chapel to eat a bbq a bit lame. And then we came here. Pdays are the fastest passing days of the week. But all is well. Pretty much bored and ready to hug you and everybody and to never let you go B) I know. I am a bit trunky. Sorry
Mamasita:
That's okay, we feel the same way here!. You're the talk of a lot of our conversations lately and we're so excited to see you and hug you and follow you around and ask her also to questions, so get ready for being bombarded with questions and lots of eyeballs staring!
Whitney:
It will be good to see familiarish faces staring at me instead of some random guy in the street. I say familiarish because everybody has changed and I hope to be able to recognize everybody. I hope to be able to understand you and express myself without problem. I have been having dreams lately in those being that nobody cares I come home or wants to talk to me or is tired of my stories. It will probably come with time... I kid. Just kidding!
Mamasita:
No please don't ever stop rambling! For most of your teenage years I can get you to talk, sought so fun to hear you talk and ramble. I love it I hope you always continue to talk and talk and talk!
No worries, Whit! I will never tire of your stories. Every time a missionary speaks my ears perk up. Missionary work is an amazing thing! I can't wait to hear some more of the stories I know you told some stories in your emails but you're probably hiding some of the more dangerous things that happened to you just to protect us and me especially.
Whitney:
Mamasita:
Whitney:
MOm, I think the changes that have taken place in me will surprise and shock you. I hope for the better and not worse. I feel like a better person. I feel happy. I feel satisfied with all that I have done here. And now I am ready for the next steps. i hope. I love you and miss you VERY much
The changes within you, Whitney are SO apparent! That is the most amazing thing to me and to any mom is to see their children walk in the light of Christ! And have the desire more than any other desire in their lives is to share the gospel to live the gospel! I am so proud of you and I love you and I can't wait to see you next week!!! XOXO XO XO
I should go. For the last time. So. Yeah. I hope you have a great weekend and prepare yourselves for my presence B) I love you with all my heart!!!
I'll see you in 6! WOOH!
Hermana Castleton
Mamasita:
Ciao!!! Cya in 6!!

No comments:
Post a Comment