Monday, May 12, 2014

Week 41 - "...to love another person is to see the face of God'

May 12, 2014

I don't know how many of you have seen 'Les Miserables', but I have one of the songs from it in the iPod I received for Christmas in my head. I don't remember exactly how the words are, but something along the lines of 'to love another person is to see the face of God'. Hermana Cabero, not having seen this play, said something very similar the other day that got me thinking very profundly. She told me in her patriarchal blessing that she will come to see God and Jesus Christ in this life. But she has given herself realizacion that maybe not literally she will see them, but through the love she has found for the people will be a very similar experience. I have been pondering those inspired and undoubtedly true words and meditating on the message they contain. I have seen this observacion come to life more times than any other. Charity is truly the pure love of Christ. When we have charity for another person, another child of a loving Heavenly Father, we feel and are able to communicate that love through our actions. God permits us to serve others because He knows that through that love, we won't need motivacion to do things. We will serve because we love those it will serve. In that form, we become like Christ.

Yesterday was a blessing. We were able to skype. It was wonderful to see the faces I have missed and sort of forgotten, to hear their voices and to experiment [experienced] the love each of the members of my family have for me and the Savior. I don't remember exactly what happened the time before, but I enjoyed the time we had much more this time.

I wish you could meet Tamara. She is quite increible. She is one of those people that never passed completely through the veil before she was born. We started to teach and continue to teach her and the things we say, she already knows. She gives her opinions of doctrines we haven't taught her like they are common knowledge. We spoke about the Book of Mormon, which she is reading faithfully and with much interest, and she told us she is reading about the great and abominable church. She continued to talk and describe how she felt and expressed that she knew that that church is the Catolica Church. She said it like it was clear and obvious. She understands and loves everything we teach her and she is trying her best to stay away from coffee and tea. (pray for her, ya? she needs all the help she can.)

Keep your chin up. Keep a prayer and a song in your heart always. Keep your smile bright and your eyes open to the miracles God performs every day. Let yourself laugh, cry and find joy in the little moments. Keep your friends close, your family closer and God the closest. I love you. Until next week!

Hermanita Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment