Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 40 - "This week, the Lord has manifested the evidence of His hand of power in all things."

May 5, 2014

The Lord prepares the hearts of the people. This week, the Lord has manifested the evidence of His hand of power in all things. All the work we have done, all the hours and hours of touching doors under the hot sun, in the frozen bitter winds, and through all the trials of my faith, He is showing me His blessings every day. Not as often or how I expected, maybe, but in ways I never imagined possible.


 Tio Fransisco (I think), Millaray, Marianela y Hno Rodriguez 
maestro de la clases de los Principios del Evangelio
Two of the miracles this weekend - Marianela y Millaray. Everything was a tad bit crazy and we didn't organize it as well as we should have, but everything ended up perfectly. We almost bautized them in freezing water until they figured out how to change the temperatures. I made cheesecake and brownies for afterward. Marianela gave the first prayer and started to cry from the beginning about how grateful she was to be able to be in the place she is. Marianela had to be bautized twice because her uncle choked up. I couldn't get the smile off my face for the rest of the night and Hermana Cabero y yo couldn't stop hugging and smiling at each other. At the end, Marianela asked us to share our testimonies before because we are the two teachers who helped them become to this point, so we did. I think I repeated myself several times and Hermana Cabero sounded about as nervous as I felt, and then we ate completos [hot dogs] at her house. It was beautiful. Probably the most beautiful time I have ever experimented. I am so grateful for to be part of this work. I am thankful for the people who put their minds forward into changing and who act. I am thankful to be the hands of the Lord to bring two more of my hermanitas into the merciful arms of my brother Jesus.The day afterward, they recibed the Holy Ghost. And it was beautiful.

Yo, Milla, Nela y Hna Cabero
Elders Benitez y Prada, yo Milla, Nela, Hna Cabero, Elders Bermeo y Schildan
All the family of Marianela y Millaray
Yo, Tamara, Irma, Monica y Jaime. Tamara's family!
The third miracle - Tamara. What do I say of a woman so increibly ready and willing to follow the Savior and His council? Earlier in the morning, we called to ask if we needed to pass by to walk with her. She told us that we shouldn't need to pass by because she needed to go alone. We were very pleased with that. And when she arrived, she asked us if it was all right to sit with the Fran instead of us.... O sea, duh! [let's see, duh] Of course you can sit with a member we have been wanting you to be friends with. After all the reuniones, Tamara asked me to help her remember her fecha for bautism [baptism date]. I told her that we wanted to talk about that because we'd wanted to change it. She hugged me, held me close and told me she feels ready. She feels that this is true and that she wants to be bautised altido [right away]. All right. I didn't have a response aside from holding her close and smiling and kissing her cheek. That never happens. Ever. She is completely ready. More than anything, she feels it. She feels ready and wants to progress. It is quite increible to see a person of how young she is to want to do everything on her own. She has already come to church almost a month, and has a new best friend in the SocSoc [Relief Society]. I am so animated for her. I am glad to be able to be her help in her journey of conversion. 

Look! Testigo, my eyes are two diferent colors!
This is what I get for playing games in a NDH 
All the Hermanas that will come home with me in Enero [January]!
The biggest grapes I have never seen
¡Nos vemos! [see you later] Hermana Castleton

No comments:

Post a Comment