March 17, 2014
The trees are shedding! The leaves are turning, the air is... still sizzling my skin, and the mornings are beginning to freeze our noses and toeses. Winter is near. I'm anticipating the necesity to apply more clothing. I don't know if I will miss sweating through every article of clothing I wear every moment of every day. But we'll see.
This week has been rather increible. Marianela y Miyarai are progressing. I love to find people who want the happiness the gospel offers. In the lesson we had this Friday passed with Marianela was cool. We watched the video of the Restauracion, but it decided to malfunction the last 15 minutes of it, directly after the First Vision. It was a good experience because we had the opportunity to teach and testify of the power of the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was strong. It was a great lesson. We found out her mother is a very menas activa, which means working through them will help to reactivate her. Marianela told us that Miyarai has wanted to be a Mormon since she was a niña. She was presented 10 days after she was born in the Church, and given her name and blessing there. Marianela thinks that because of that, Miyarai has always had a strong desire to be baptized and join the Church. She told her mama she wants to go to church, change the way she dresses, acts and speaks because she feels it's right. These women are increible. I cannot wait to see the miracles the Lord has prepared for them to realize for others.
We had a cool experience with the mother-in-law of the obispo, Isabel. She's been investigading the Church for 30 YEARS. Her family, every member, is member and she hasn't missed a day of church or an activity of the barrio since last year. She isn't baptized and she's a more faithful member than the members! We asked her directly what is keeping her from baptism and she gave the excuse that the water gives her fear. Heh. Good one. Then a miracle happened. A member, Alejandra, a good friend of Isabel, stopped by for a visit. She told her how it is without vergüenza. She asked if she wants to live forever with her family. She reminded her that she already knows the truth of the gospel and she can't lie to God and tell Him she didn't know at the last day. She was very forward and direct and it made Isabel think. She knows what she needs to do. Alejandra asked what is impeding her from her eternal salvacion. Well, she didn't know how to answer that.Afterward, it put me to think. Yeah, that is really good English. I started to think. What is keeping me from MY eternal salvacion? Whether it be laziness of reading the BOM, not wanting to asist at the Church, not getting along with the members or your family. What is keeping you from receiving the gift and glory of God
Yesterday, I had a bit of time to study the Plan of Salvacion. I've studied every step of the plan several times, but decided to focus me on one specific tema. The kingdoms of glory. Our goal in this life determine where we will be assigned. Our acts, our thoughts, our devotion, our dedication and our following of the Savior, all determine our worthiness. I read almost the entire chapter of 76 in DyC. I realize I should probably read the entire DyC because I didn't know a specific chapter outlines the Plan of Salvacion.
I know that you know this already, but I love you. I know God loves you and that He wants you return to Him. He has provided the way, truth and life, and Christ provided the example. I hope each of you are able to recognize the Lord in your lives, the love of God is real and I hope to see each of you in the milenium. I don't want you to miss your salvacion!
Have a wonderful week of miracles and let your light shine through your smiles!
Hermana Castleton
No comments:
Post a Comment